Underneath everything we are, Underneath everything we do, We are all people, connected, interdependent, UNITED.
And when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all.
That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.
Advancing the Common Good: Creating Opportunities for a Better Life for All
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
That’s why United Way’s work is focused on the building blocks for a good life:
Education – Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Boys & Girls Club of Harlingen
- Boys & Girls Club of San Benito
- Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas
- Harlingen Area Educational Foundation
- Rio Grande Council of Boys Scouts of America
- The Literacy Center of Harlingen
Income – Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
Health – Improving People’s Health
- Cameron County Children’s Advocacy Centers, Inc. (Maggie’s House)
- Family Crisis Center
- Westbrook Clinic VAC
- Coast2CoastRx, Free Discount Prescription Card
Basic Needs – Providing food, shelter and clothing in times of crisis
- American Red Cross
- Harlingen Neighborhood Food Pantry
- Loaves & Fishes of the Rio Grande Valley
- Salvation Army of Harlingen
Projects / Initiatives of United Way of Northern Cameron County
- Familywise, Community Service Partnership
- POP STAR Readers
- Stuff the Bus, School Supply Drive
- VITA-Volunteer Income Taxs Assistance, FREE Tax Assistance